BibSonomy is now live on a new set of servers. The old servers are still running fine, one with an uptime of over three years. Still, it is only a matter of time before they fail. To protect your data and to keep the service running, we replace our hardware at regular intervals. To exchange the hardware, we had to put the system in read-only mode for a short time.
We also finally support SSL and replaced from Apache httpd to HAProxy, which gives us the opportunity to further scale our services. HAProxy is used for example by stackexchange.com or twitter.com. Although we have tested our new configuration on our test systems, we ran into some problems (e.g. the Chrome browser plugin and the Wordpress plugin stopped working). We have already fixed the issues in the BibSonomy backend. The corresponding plugins will also be updated in near time.
Currently we are not forcing SSL. This means you have to add the 's' to http by yourself. While testing the https-only solution we have encountered that many of our extensions can not handle the SSL-only configuration. However, we are currently working to update all our extensions. As soon as we are finished with the updates, we will announce when we discontinue our support for plain HTTP requests and start to redirect all traffic to SSL.
If you notice that things are broken which have worked fine before, don't hesitate to drop us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on twitter so we can fix it.
A while ago we were asked on Twitter about a Twitter integration for BibSonomy (by the way follow @BibSonomyCrew on Twitter for the latest ...
Because we're still so proud of our mobile version of BibSonomy , this week's feature of the week is about how to ease the process o...
It is vacation time and hence our features of the week are more sporadic but this week we want to give you a glimpse on current developmen...
Two important aspects of working with literature are the process of sharing it among your colleagues and the exchange of ideas and thoughts ...