This plugin enables you to
- fetch publication entries directly from BibSonomy,
- upload publications into your personal account at BibSonomy and
- delete entries from your collection.
- Download JabRef: http://jabref.sourceforge.net/download.php
- Download our BibSonomy-Plugin;
- Put the Plugin jar-file into a sub-folder called plugins in your JabRef installation directory
- Start JabRef and you can start working with the Plugin!
Please note: Right after releasing our API, we also presented a prototype of a customized JabRef-Client which allowed up- and downloading of entries (see e.g. this post). With the release of the plugin described above, we stop the further development of this customized client. If you are using it, we highly recommend to migrate to a newer JabRef version, combined with our plugin - it contains bugfixes and improved functionality. You will like it :)
We hope this plugin enables you to get the most out of BibSonomy and JabRef - some example tasks which are now easy are:
- Download your complete BibSonomy collection into JabRef, use its built-in bibtex-key generator to unify the bibtex keys of your publicatons, and upload all entries again
- Download your complete BibSonomy collection into JabRef and perform integrity checks on it (missing fields,...), and upload all entries again
- Use JabRef's web search facility to import entries (e.g, from PubMed), edit them locally to your needs, and bulk-upload them to BibSonomy